Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why does misery love company so much?

I must admit something.

Have you ever felt irritable while driving in traffic, absolutely positive that cars are going 1/2 of the speed limit simply because you've got someplace to be at a certain time? Yup, me too!! But ... I can't deny that every once in awhile, when I put my turn signal on hoping to strategically skip over to the lane I swear is moving at least 5 MPH faster and someone actually signals me over and lets me in, their kindness lessens my irritability a bit. That lessened irritability is just as much a butterfly effect as is the increased bitchiness I would develop if someone didn't want to let me switch lanes.

I think it's true that aggression breeds aggression and that a contagious is smile. So, maybe we get slowed in traffic every once in a while so that we have the opportunity to remember how much of an impact we can have on someone else. Mean people are everywhere. They are at the mall, on the road, at the bank, everywhere really - they are everywhere! So, stop the cycle: mean people suck, just be nice!!

1 comment:

  1. How true! Yep, mean people TOTALLY suck!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete