Monday, July 9, 2012

The Golden Rule

Practice what you preach by treating people as you would want to be treated!

I just started this blog and I'm trying to keep my optimism shining through without too much ranting. But, let me mention the experience I just had at the gym! To prove the relevance of my butterfly effect theory, this depicts how the simplest of occurrences can ripple one's mood (ok, here it is my mood!).

I was psyched to be at kickboxing again since some prior commitments didn't allow for me to make the days/times it was offered lately. I got there early (as is the unwritten rule to claim a "good spot!"), put my keys, water bottle, cell phone and sunglasses far off to the side (like everyone does) of the floor and waited for class to begin. I twiddled my hair a bit, played with my shoelace, said hi to a few familiar faces and then smiled as soon as the music started. The warm-up reminded me how much I missed being here. Running so regularly is fun and stress-relieving, but this fast-paced class set to motivating music always helps to break up the monotony. 

So about 20 minutes into a 60 minute class, Miss "I'm wearing clothes too tight for my body type and think my muffin top is cute" decides she is going to strut into class and sneak into the 2 small feet of space separating me from the row of people in front of me without a word. Had she not ever heard of respecting the BUBBLE!?!? I despite rudeness and at this moment, this lady was epitomizing it. She had the nerve to not just sneak into my spot, but to start flailing her arms around doing roundhouse/side kicks comparable to that of a donkey so much so that I was nudged far from my original location!! I then was left with not only an "ehh spot," but no wiggle room! How does that happen? I was there early, I followed the "rules" and then I allowed myself to get shoved to the side. Ugh, I hate when I don't have the nerve to speak up. I didn't wanna make an issue of it though, figured that would've made me look like as much of a jerk as she did. So, I figured I'd come home and contribute to my brand new blog! 

Look, I'm over it now. Writing is so therapeutic! This lady reminded me the importance of treating people how I'd like to be treated myself. I know I can't stand when people behave pretentiously, so I sure don't' wanna be THAT girl who acts hypocritically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment